Job Description: Transportation Analyst
Operational Title: Transportation Analyst
Reports To: Director of FC Operations
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Bodybuilding.com - We are your fitness community, empowering personalized solutions to transform your life.
The transportation analyst is responsible for managing transportation and carrier related business processes to ensure that we are providing the absolute best solutions to meet customer requirements and serve the needs of the business. This position requires conducting detailed transportation data and cost analystics, researching transportation solutions and trends, and working closely with the busines on customer and accounting related matters. Analytical tasks are intended to drive continuous cost and service improvements through detailed recommendations and implementation of improvement strategies. In addition, the transportation analyst will apply analytical methods to identify and ultimately reduce inefficiencies in order to enhance performance and the customer experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research new carriers, news shipping methods, customer focus and rate; balance transit time and cost, change allocations, accounting
- Build relationships with carriers in order to plan and execute against forecasted sales/order volume
- Create reporting and provides analysis related to customer behavior, shipping times, shipping revenue, shipping costs, transportation modes, customs, accounting accruals, etc.
- Monitor, measure, and improve service level metrics; mainly on time delivery consistent with what is being communicated to the customer
- Develop and implement contingency strategies aimed to address carrier performance failures that have downstream adverse impacts to customers
- Monitor shipment data and trace shipment routes to ensure the most efficient shipping and delivery methods are used for each customer order
- Investigate late delivery claims from customers and carrier transit delays in order to identify and improve gaps
- Provides oversight of initiatives to generate cost savings, cost avoidance and service level improvements in the transportation network
- Collaborate with engineering and data teams as necessary to implement carrier changes to include rate and transit
- Conduct financial and variance analysis for expenses, services and quality.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovations that help better fulfill our commitments to our customers
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in logistics, transportation, business, or a similar field of study
- 5+ year’s experience in a transporation/business analyst role; specifically carrier brokerage, linehaul management and small parcel carriers
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to leverage data to drive decision making
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- Detailed knowledge in supply chain processes
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Customer service obsession
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others and provide recommendations
- E-commerce experience preferred
Respect & Integrity You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability You demand accountability from yourself and others; you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement You learn from successes and failures, and impalement improvement based on those learnings
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work-Life balance and more: To ensure work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ; follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.