Sr. Mobile Developer
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
We are building a new native mobile development team to focus on multiple applications for both iOS and Android, that span our Content, Commerce, and Community platforms. We are a fast-paced agile shop that is constantly building out new applications and features, while responding to user reports and feedback at the same time. Our goal is to have a top-notch product line, so we are investing in more top-notch talent to make it happen. If you develop in either Android or iOS, and like to drive rather than sit in the back seat, this is the job for you.
- Work with Product Owner and other team members to gather requirements, determine development strategy, and estimate project velocity.
- Work with embedded Designers, QA, and SDETs to ensure engineering deliverables meet conditions of satisfaction.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineers for engineering strategy and architecture.
- Collaborate with web development teams to make sure enterprise service development properly supports our mobile strategy.
- Develop new application components and maintain the applications as a whole.
- Analyze and optimize application components for performance, stability, and device resource usage.
- Research emerging technologies (proprietary and open source) for possible adoption
- Operate in and contribute to a tightly knit team environment where everyone is a winner.
- Maintain native iOS and Android apps.
- Previous leadership experience required
- Proficient in 2 or more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, .NET, PHP, Python, Perl, Linux shell
- Agile work flow and team Scrum
- 5+ years professional OOP and design patterns (MVC, Singleton, Strategy, etc...)
- Multi-threaded applications
- Volatile and persistent caching
- SQL/SQLite schema normalization and denormalization
- SOA with JSON based REST services
- JSON serialization and deserialization of objects
- Git and/or SVN branch management
- TDD, Unit Testing and related frameworks
- Maven and Continuous Integration builds
- React Native/JS experience
- Basic web development a plus
- J2EE or Spring based Java Enterprise development a plus
- Application localization and internationalization a plus
- Jira or other issue tracking management a plus
- 4+ years professional Mobile development
- Grand Central Dispatch (GCD)
- NSOperationQueue (concurrent/non-concurrent operations, dependencies)
- Core Data
- Core Graphics
- AFNetworking/FSNetworking or something similar
- 4+ years professional Android development
- Asynchronous Tasks and Loaders
- Fragment, Activity, and Service lifecycle
- Extending View and ViewGroup
- ViewStubs, merge/include, and optimizing layout xml for performance
- Best practices for image handling and management in Android
- Best practices for highly efficient Java
- DDMS for memory and thread management
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, and access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
- Check out Careers Youtube Page : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Job Reference #: ooYobfwF