Sr. Front-End Engineer
We aspire to make fitness simple, accessible and convenient to empower all people to change their lives
Bodybuilding.com is seeking an experienced Sr. Front-End Engineer to join our team. We are trying to make the most effective and enjoyable experience for our fitness-minded user! This candidate would be highly skilled with web browser technologies. This job entails taking designs provided by our design/UX team and constructing markup and styling in various templating frameworks. This position would also require a functional understanding of backend engineering practices to facilitate good interaction with backend developers. The ideal candidate would also be capable of working on NodeJS applications and AWS Lambda’s..
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and support continuous integration and continuous delivery using our internal frameworks
- Work with Product Owner and other team members to gather requirements, determine development strategy, and estimate project velocity.
- Work with embedded Designers, QA, and SDETs to ensure engineering deliverables meet conditions of satisfaction.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineers for engineering strategy and architecture.
- Innovate: champion good ideas, solve problems uniquely
- Code: make use of good patterns, use frameworks appropriately and when necessary
- Test: use automation and unit testing whenever possible, test on multiple browsers
- Release: extend and develop pipelines to easily deploy releases
- Cross-function: stake ownership in other traditional roles by contributing to cloud infrastructure and server-side solutions as a matter of personal growth
Education and Experience:
- Experience with JSP, Handlebars or other templating approaches
- React/Preact, Angular and other JS frameworks
- RequireJS or other module management
- Responsive design and implementation
- Coding for search-engine optimization (SEO)
- Cross-Origin navigation through micro-service architecture
- RESTful architecture
- Run different types of server-side applications locally for development
- AWS or similar cloud environment
- 5+ years developing web applications
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hosted examples of your work
Respect & Integrity …You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability …You demand accountability from yourself and others; you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused …You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement …You learn from successes and failures, and impalement improvement based on those learnings
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work-Life balance and more: To ensure work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ; follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.