Remote Senior Data Analyst
We aspire to make fitness simple, accessible, and convenient to empower all people to change their lives
The Sr. Data Analyst is responsible for data mining, analysis, and reporting to facilitate informed and intelligent decision-making in the company. The Sr. Data Analyst will apply their knowledge of business intelligence concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze data, share insights, identify solutions and make recommendations for improvements and innovation within quality and process standards. This role functions under the general oversight of the Director of Analytics & Data Science with extensive latitude to exercise independent judgment in the execution of duties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze business intelligence and support the business by communicating key insights, risks, and findings to management, making recommendations for improvements.
- Develop, maintain, and improve holistic data sets, reports, and dashboards to monitor company performance.
- Use data to inform and drive day-to-day focus and operational efficiencies.
- Effectively perform data mining, analysis, and interpretation.
- Gather requirements, design, test, and support the development of data structures and the data warehouse.
- Design and automate self-service reporting solutions.
- Troubleshoot data mining, data integration, and data quality issues.
- Work with business units to educate and improve understanding of data and analysis.
- Gather and consult on project requirements from stakeholders.
- Create and maintain consistency in reporting across the organization.
- Document and adhere to standard analytics and reporting processes.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge and use of SQL
- Understanding of data warehousing, relational databases, dimensional modeling methodologies, and data mining/analysis
- Understanding of reporting tools, including Looker and Tableau
- Understanding of data visualization and ability to turn data into actionable stories
- Ability to perform difficult analytical tasks with little supervision
- Ability to recognize problems and issues, and help develop and implement solutions
- Ability to interface effectively with teammates and other business units
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet deadlines
- Must be committed to building and managing internal and external customer relationships to support communication and progress of company objectives by providing high levels of customer service
- Data science, machine learning, and statistics knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in business intelligence, data analysis, or data science
Respect & Integrity You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability You demand accountability from yourself and others; you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement You learn from successes and failures, and impalement improvement based on those learnings
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work-Life balance and more: To ensure work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, access to discounts, and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ; follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.