Mobile Engineering Manager
We aspire to make fitness simple, accessible and convenient to empower all people to change their lives
Respect & Integrity You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability You demand accountability from yourself and others; you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement You learn from successes and failures, and impalement improvement based on those learnings
What You’ll Love About Us:
Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work-Life balance and more: To ensure work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ; follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is one of the world’s top fitness sites we help people become there best self and live a healthier life. If you love technology and are looking to make a difference in the world this role is for you. As a Mobile Software Engineering Manager, you will work closely with your development teams to constantly iterate and build tools for our customers to aid them on their fitness journey.
A Day in the life:
- Lead smaller groups of Mobile Software Engineers.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to help build roadmaps and execute on development plans.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to build and mentor top notch engineering teams.
- Identify new areas of improvement within Product and Engineering teams.
- Make sure Engineering resources are working on the proper channels to help the customer and company.
- Work closely with other Engineering leadership to help quickly move Bodybuilding.com past current technical challenges.
Who you are:
- You have a strong technical background in mobile engineering, tooling and infrastructure.
- 2-3 years of engineering management experience with leading 4 - 10 distributed engineers.
- Customer focus. A passion for understanding customers and their needs. Empathizing with our customers is crucial at Bodybuilding.
- Enable your team of iOS and Android engineers to ship features quickly and safely, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success.
- Grow your team members careers and keep them engaged.
- You possess good people skills, emotional intelligence, communication skills and take genuine interest in others.
- Servant leadership and being humble is in your nature.
- Experiencing with best practices in Agile environments.
- You come from a technical background and are not afraid to get your hands dirty and help write code.
- You are experienced with software engineering methodologies and bring a disciplined approach to testing and driving reductions in technical debt.
- You have excellent communication skills and can demonstrate having collaborated with tech leads and senior engineers and other disciplines to deliver new products to market and iteratively improve these products over time.
- You can clearly articulate desired outcomes and empower engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems. You make your arguments based on facts and data but understand how to value and include intuition in the decision-making process.
- You have the ability to gather product and business requirements and to gut check new insights and proposals. You have a consistent track record of establishing and driving technological advances.
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.