We aspire to make fitness simple, accessible and convenient to empower all people to change their lives
We are building a new native mobile development team to focus on multiple applications specifically for Android, that span our Content, Commerce, and Community platforms. We are a fast-paced agile shop that is constantly building out new applications and features, while responding to user reports and feedback at the same time. Our goal is to have a top-notch product line, so we are investing in more top-notch talent to make it happen. This position is under the general oversight of the Mobile Engineering Manager, but you have a lot of independent discretion. If you develop in Android, and like to drive rather than sit in the back seat, this is the job for you.
- Work with Product Owner and other team members to gather requirements, determine development strategy, and estimate project velocity.
- Work with embedded Designers, QA, and SDETs to ensure engineering deliverables meet conditions of satisfaction.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineers for engineering strategy and architecture.
- Collaborate with web development teams to make sure enterprise service development properly supports our mobile strategy.
- Develop new application components and maintain the applications as a whole.
- Analyze and optimize application components for performance, stability, and device resource usage.
- Research emerging technologies (proprietary and open source) for possible adoption
- Operate in and contribute to a tightly knit team environment where everyone is a winner.
- Maintain native Android apps.
- Agile work flow and team Scrum
- 3+ years professional OOP and design patterns (MVC, Singleton, Strategy, etc...)
- Multi-threaded applications
- Volatile and persistent caching
- SQL/SQLite schema normalization and denormalization
- SOA with JSON based REST services
- JSON serialization and deserialization of objects
- Git and/or SVN branch management
- TDD, Unit Testing and related frameworks
- Maven and Continuous Integration builds
- In-depth experience with React Native and Java Script
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Basic web development a plus
- J2EE or Spring based Java Enterprise development a plus
- Application localization and internationalization a plus
- Jira or other issue tracking management a plus
- Sharp Android UI Skills (Fragments, ConstraintLayout, etc.)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take our team to the next level
- Up to date with industry standard mobile app development standards
- 2+ years professional Android SDK development from 4.4 to 10
- Experience with Kotlin
- Asynchronous Tasks and Loaders
- Fragment, Activity, and Service lifecycle
- Extending View and ViewGroup
- ViewStubs, merge/include, and optimizing layout xml for performance
- Best practices for image handling and management in Android
- DDMS for memory and thread management
- Experience consuming data from APIs
Respect & Integrity …You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability …You demand accountability from yourself and others; you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused …You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement …You learn from successes and failures, and impalement improvement based on those learnings
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work-Life balance and more: To ensure work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ; follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.