Manager of Product Development - Private Label
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
The Product Development Manager will participate in all areas of research and development including, but not limited to: formulation development, raw material evaluation, technical troubleshooting, packaging testing, and employee training to meet company standards for product quality, production efficiency, and profitability by performing these duties in a timely manner. This role will be the point person for all vendors in manufacturing and product development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as subject matter expert for all contract manufacturing sourcing and production.
- Create the vision, strategy and implementation plan for sourcing finished goods. Planning will include recommendations for manufacturing partnerships, expected Cost of Goods as well as the required timelines.
- Management of supplier relationships for manufacturing across multiple contracts. Contracts will include packaging, ingredients, as well as the Manufacturing partners.
- Lead contract Negotiations; manage pricing and supply assurance.
- Support New Product Development: influence manufacturing selection, own cost pre- and post-launch, and actively participate in moving items through product development stage gate process.
- Develop and implement Supply Chain strategies, policies, processes and best practices to ensure cost, quality, innovation and continuous improvement from suppliers.
- Work cross functionally to ensure all aspects of the business are being considered in the manufacturing process including the sales forecast, as well as optimal stocking policies.
- Work to ensure that the Bill of Materials are being handled and planned according to specifications.
- Build the execution plan and process for Private Label to solve problems that may arise. Problems could include, but not limited to: quality, missed production dates, rising cost, missed communications, etc.
- Manage Production plans and time lines to ensure that product is available for launch plans and demand
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Consumable Market Product Development
- Exceptional organizational/multi-tasking skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- BS/MS in Food Science or other related fields
- Experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods / food industry experience, multiple categories a plus.
- Culinary, mixology, and human centered design experience or training a plus
- People management a plus
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, and access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Job Reference #: oPeobfwm