Full Stack Engineer
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Bodybuilding.com, you will be working in a fast-paced environment writing software that will have a direct impact on our customers’ success on their fitness journey. You will join a customer-focused product delivery team tasked with rapidly delivering value. You will be challenged to come up with simple technical solutions to complex business problems. Your work will be done using agile techniques and processes as a member of a self-organizing product delivery team.
- Deliver customer value with a focus on simplicity, reliability, and rapid iteration
- Work as part of a cross-functional self-organizing product delivery team
- Follow (and help continuously improve) agile software development techniques and practices
- Effectively communicate and document problems, ideas, solutions, and decisions
- Support production software as a member of a rotating on-call schedule
- 4+ years experience writing production software
- Ability to deliver a working end-to-end solution including backend and frontend deliverables
- Experience building scaled web applications
- Experience with core AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, and EB
- Practical experience with Test-Driven Development
- Understanding and experience in an agile environment
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); discretionary bonuses; gym membership reimbursement; employee discount.
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.