Director of Demand Planning
Job Description: Director of Demand Planning
FLSA Classification: Exempt- Professional
We are Bodybuilding.com. Your fitness community, empowering personalized solutions to transform your life.
Respect & Integrity You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability You demand accountability from yourself and others; you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement You learn from successes and failures, and implement improvement based on those learnings
What You’ll Love About Us:
Who We Are : https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work-Life balance and more: To ensure work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ; follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
The Director of Demand Planning will have tactical and strategic responsibility for the company's demand planning, new product and promotional forecast and be responsible for optimizing system tools to manage and measure inventory. He or She will also develop, oversee and execute a variety of demand planning initiatives and strategies to enhance the operational efficiencies. This leadership position is responsible for global planning and inventory improvements and will collaborate with several Corporate and Field functions as well as external service providers.
A Day in the Life:
- Drives integrated processes among Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, and Logistics to execute a planning demand planning process that meets the requirements of the business.
- Establishes key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to inventory planning and productivity; measuring actual performance against goals on a regular basis and present results to senior management.
- Re-engineers existing demand planning practices, to improve overall inventory management efficiency.
- Ability to develop and execute strategies to monitor and manage inventory investment and productivity at a number of levels, including site, category and SKU.
- Directs a staff of 5 - 6, managing demand planning across the organization.
- Manages inventory levels, service levels and item life cycles.
- Implements continuous improvement initiatives, along with comprehensive internal training.
- Facilitates the operational planning and demand strategy for global expansion
- Develops and executes an infrastructure to support long-term growth of the company
- Continually reviews demand planning parameters to improve overall productivity, while managing service levels and inventory investment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in operations, demand planning and inventory management including at least 7 years of management experience.
- Strong background in all aspects of operations and demand planning in a large, global multi-unit general retail environment.
- Outstanding personal accountability and business ethics.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships and work cross-functionally.
- Exceptional leadership and mentoring skills.
- Highly motivated with a track record of successful product delivery.
- Very strong analytical skills, with a sound knowledge IT interfaces required to stream data into demand planning and simulation models.
- Experience in managing and implementing end-to end Planning/Forecasting systems.
- Experience in change management and operational planning transformation/re-engineering projects.
- In-depth experience in all aspects of product procurement and inventory control.
- Proven track record of optimizing inventory investment across a broad spectrum of products in global markets.
- Prior direct retail and ecommerce inventory planning experience.
- Passionate about innovation (particularly within health nutrition industry) and creating new value for customers.
- Must have demonstrated background in building and managing an operations planning of both direct and matrix roles.
- Solid knowledge of sales forecast, demand planning, procurement and purchasing required.
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.